Gracie

Gracie

Friday, November 26, 2010

Not the same dog....

I've been on my new medication for over a month now and WOW am I a different dog.

I am much more settled and I like to spend most of my time in my favorite dog bed napping or chewing on a good rawhide.  I don't run all over the house anymore, my foster mom says I am a different dog since we upped my meds to 3.25mg twice a day.  My shadow watching and fly snapping are 75-85% improved.  It's a HUGE change compared to how I was.  I am still pretty busy outside, but hey, that's where I can really stretch my legs. It is getting pretty cold, so I don't hang out there much these days except to do my business.  I am getting much better at that too.  Rarely do I have an accident in the house and if I do, it's on the kitchen floor and it's poop.  I have a hard time telling my foster mom when I have to go out.  I never bark in the house, so I never bark at the door either.  She might try and find me some Christmas bells to see if she can get me to ring those.  I sit like a nice girl too when mom feeds me.  I don't knock the food out of her hand anymore, I wait nice for her to put it in my dish.

I'm still looking for my home.  It's been hard to find someone who wants a very, very sweet girl with a small medical problem.  I know someone has to be out there.  I've asked Santa Paws to help find someone who might like a rattie for Christmas or the New Year.
                                                    - Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment