Gracie

Gracie

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sad news....

My foster mom is heartbroken.  She has been crying and crying.  My step-sister, the bossy Darby, passed away this weekend.  

Darby was diagnosed with a big cancer tumor just three weeks ago and mom was hopeful that she was going to last a couple months, or at least through this thing called Christmas, but she got more and more sick and she was in more pain because of how big the tumor was. It pressed on her insides and made her very uncomfortable.  She also stopped eating.

So my foster mom had to make a very hard decision and help her cross to the bridge. She knows she's not in pain anymore, but my foster mom is in a lot of pain right now.  She says it will get better, but she cries a lot.  I try to help her feel better by licking the tears away and sometimes it works because she laughs.  I like it when she laughs because it makes me happy and I wag my tail, a lot.

Darby scared me, because she was the boss, and I know she was sick, but I am glad I get to sleep up on the bed again without worrying that Darby is going to get mad at me.   I like to sleep next to mom and Murphy.  I really like Murphy, he's my boyfriend, even though he thinks I have girl cooties.

Rest in peace Darby.

- Gracie 

1 comment:

  1. Gracie, you're a sweet girl to try and make your foster mom feel better! Keep giving her those kisses and LOTS of love! Rest in peace, Darby. Sally, Brian & Bella

    ReplyDelete