Gracie

Gracie

Monday, January 17, 2011

Gracie has passed away...

It is with a heavy heart that I announce our dear, sweet Gracie passed away this evening.   She suffered a massive seizure and was not able to come out of it.   Her poor little damaged brain just couldn’t take anymore. After discussion with her vet and rescue, it was decided that her brain was just giving out and we made the decision to peacefully let her go.  In her last final act, Gracie was able to lick my face one final time as if she were  trying to comfort me as I sobbed my farewell. 

Over the past few weeks, I noticed that her medication seemed to not be working as well and by the weekend, she had nearly regressed fully.  She was even forgetting what housebreaking she had learned. 

My heart is heavy, but I know she is free from that cage which was her mind.  My thanks to Dr. Mansfield for being there for us both at the end, and for trying so hard to find a way to fix her. 

1 comment:

  1. Rest in peace little Gracie. You were a good girl, and your foster mommy loved you very much. You are home now.

    ReplyDelete