Gracie

Gracie

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ho-hum

The new year came and went and I am still looking for a home.

It's been very hard on me, not getting as much exercise as I was used to when the weather was nicer.   We had a couple of days where it go to be 40 degrees and bunch of that horrible snow melted.  I loved those few days.  I got to run around outside, which is my favorite thing in the world.   My foster mom hated it.  She said it uncovered all the dog poop, so she had to spend those days picking it up.  If she didn't we were just going to track all that mushy poop mess into the house and on the white furniture.

Yes, my foster mom has white furniture (and they think I'm the crazy one).  But she says because it's something called "my-crow fiber" it's easy to wipe down with a little cleaner.   I hope that doesn't mean that it's made out of real crows.  All the crows I've ever seen are black, unless they made them out of albino crows.  She said next time she is getting leather.  I know that comes from cows because it's kind of like the chews we get.   Now don't worry, I would never chew on the couch.   I'm a very good girl, I don't chew on things I'm not supposed to.

My foster mom has been very busy.  She has to do a pet expo soon so she has been sewing dog coats and making jewelry.  It's what she does best.  I don't get to go to this one.  Normally, she said she would take me, but it's far from home and she worries it might be a bit much for me and if it is, I'm stuck there.   She's taking my foster sister, Baby.  That way Baby gets to promote "Baby Be Sweet Lip Balm."  Baby is the spokes dog after all, and her face is on the label.    She said I get to go to the next expo, which is here in town.  If it's too much for me, she will just bring me home.  Expos mean a lot of activity and crowds and that can over-stimulate me, making me more hyper than normal.   I just get so excited to see everyone.  

I had to go to the vet this week just for some routine tests to make sure my medication wasn't causing any problems and every time someone came in, I got so excited I could hardly contain myself.  Everyone came over to pet me.  They all said my tail goes a mile a minute. Actually, I think it's faster than that.  I was so excited when Mark, the vets helper came to pick me up, I tinkled on him.  The good news was my lab results were all perfect.   Did you hear that?  I'm perfect.  Now if I could just find someone who thinks so too.

                                            - Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment