Gracie

Gracie

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The New Year is coming.....

Christmas is over and I am still reaping the rewards of goodies and toys that are still getting pulled out of my stocking.  This was my first year of an actual Christmas and I have to say, it was way cool.

As the New Year fast approaches, I find myself pondering the events of the past year and what a turn my life has taken.  I started out this year, heavens knows where, but I found myself a stray, picked up and taken to a shelter.  I spent a few days in foster care in Arkansas and then I was off to Wisconsin.  My first foster home here turned out to be not so hot. I got fed a lot of pills, some made me sleepy, some made me crazy, but soon, I was off to my new foster home, the place where I am now.

My foster mom has spent many months with me; helping to pin point the right medication that would help me be as normal a dog as possible.  She's never been mean to me; never really yelled at me, except when she caught me with things I shouldn't have and then it was just to startle me in to giving it up.  She's loved me, held me (and I really have a hard time being held) and told me what a good and sweet girl I am.  I've had a warm bed, lots of food, yummy treats and toys, toys, toys.

Sure, I won't lie, I hoped by the end of this year, I would find myself in my own home, but that hasn't happened.  2011 is a new year, full of adventure and endless possibilities and I hope the year I find my very own home.  Look, I know I am far from perfect, but you won't find a happier dog than me and I love everyone I meet.  Won't you think about adding me to your home for 2011?

Happy New Year!
                                        - Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment